NZ King Salmon offer a variety of delicious, versatile and sustainable salmon products to a range of discerning chefs, retailers, and wholesalers both in New Zealand, and worldwide. Their brands include Regal, Southern Ocean and premium food service brand, Ōra King.
King salmon were introduced into New Zealand from northern California as a game fish in the late 19th Century. However it wasn’t until the 1980s that New Zealand entrepreneurs sought to develop salmon farms in the cool, deep waters of the Marlborough Sounds.
King salmon is the only salmon species farmed in New Zealand, with The New Zealand King Salmon Co Ltd being the world’s major supplier, producing just over 50% of the world’s supply.
Testimonial from NZ King Salmon:
"The thermal performance of Thermogard enables product to be shipped around the world. Weight also saves freight costs when compared to wet ice. The product is easy to handle, giving good surface coverage for our product. It retains all its moisture so no mess, hence the Salmon arrives looking great.
Below are some key reasons NZ King Salmon has been using this product for over 10 years:
- Consistent supply and deliveries are on time.
- Cartons well packaged / pallets well stacked and easy to handle.
- Arrive at good temperatures, i.e. frozen ready for use.
- Easy to use / handle, does not need to be pre-soaked, huge time saving.
- Can be re-used, which reduces costs.
- Can be manufactured to suit our needs and is segmented- stays flexible even after freezing.
- Effective in maintaining product temperature if handled correctly.
- Is USFDA and EU approved for food contact.
I would have no hesitation recommending Thermogard as a superior ice-replacement product."
Mick Brown, New Zealand King Salmon
Want to try Thermogard for your business?
Thermogard is used by a wide range of customers especially in the seafood & chilled food industry in Australia & New Zealand. Thermogard Gel Ice Packs lower the temperature of goods faster and hold the temperature longer than ice. The packs have a weight/coolant comparison of approximately 2 times that of ice.
The exterior film used in Thermogard is a special engineered plastic that is designed to withstand rigorous applications and still maintain crisp, professional appearance. Thermogard is reuseable and food safe USFDA Approved.